Part-time Tutors (英文版本)
(Chinese Language/ English Language/ Mathematics/ Liberal Studies/ Citizenship and Social Development/ Chemistry/ Biology/ Physics/ Physical Education/ Health Management and Social Care/ Economics/ BAFS/ Putonghua/ Research Methods/ Statistics)
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s designated organisation to provide the high performance training system for eligible sports. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Major Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
We are now inviting suitable candidates to maintain a service pool of professional tutors to provide tutorial services and facilitate various learning needs for elite athletes of HKSI. Tutorial services are on part-time and on-demand basis in order to meet the needs of athletes.
- To provide flexible private tutorial service according to athletes training schedule in HKSI;
- To provide different academic subjects/ public examinations remedial teaching to athletes who are receiving secondary and tertiary education;
- To design and provide teaching & learning materials as well as tutorial lessons for elite athletes at different levels/ ages according to their specific learning needs;
- To assist athletes to design study plan;
- To be responsible for monitoring study progress of athletes including preparation of assignments/tests and examinations;
- To submit progress reports and to identify academic problems of the athletes; and
- To support the development of effective learning tools & resources.
Please note that there are 3 types of Part-Time Tutors for applications:
(1): Applicants who would like to apply for Part-Time Tutor providing Secondary education tutoring, you should have:
- A bachelor degree of Education (BEd) OR a bachelor degree with Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), with major in secondary education curriculum (e.g. HKDSE, IGCSE and IB); and
- At least 3 years of teaching experience at secondary education level
(2): Applicants who would like to apply for Part-Time Tutor providing Tertiary education tutoring, you should have:
- A master degree or above; and
- At least 3 years of teaching experience at tertiary education level
(3): Applicants who would like to apply for Part-Time Tutor providing Language tutoring, you should have:
- A bachelor degree with a professional qualification in TESOL/ TESL/ TEFL/ CELTA/ PSC; and
- At least 3 years of related teaching experience
- Please indicate the types of Part-Time Tutors for application in the resume.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Chinese;
- Good interpersonal skills; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
Please submit your CV with expected salary, or send the completed Application Form with indication of expected salary to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference no. HKSI-PTTTAAS in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used strictly for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER