Part-time Lecturer (TID) (英文版本)
(for Talent Identification and Development (TID) Programme)
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Major Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
The TID team is looking for qualified part-time lecturers from the profession of physical fitness or physical education to conduct training courses for students within the TID programme:
- To design, lead and organize interactive classes for training core competences of young athletes participating in the TID programme according to their and the programmes needs; this will include (but not limited to) :
- Basic physical fitness conditioning
- Basic life skills such as time management
- Teaching basic understanding of physiology, nutrition and injury prevention
- To prepare the relevant learning materials and tools for the classes; and
- To co-ordinate / work with colleagues in the TID team in developing ‘whole person’ development programmes and / or organizing activities for the athletes.
1. Most of the courses are offered on week-day evenings or on weekends and from time to time public holidays;
2. Duties are on an hourly basis;
- A university degree or diploma in physical fitness, physical education or relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years’ or more relevant teaching experience in related disciplines;
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Chinese, ability to speak Putonghua is a definite advantage;
- Hands on experience in computer software applications including MS-Word, MS-Power Point, MS-Excel and Chinese Word Processing;
- Mature, independent, positive, cheerful and passionate for teaching;
- Willing to work with youth with good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Highly motivated with a passion for high performance sport; and
- Awareness / knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
Please send full resume with current and expected salary, contact telephone number, email and postal addresses, and availability to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference no. HKSI-20170704-PTLECTTID in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. .Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER