The 12th International Conference on Strength Training 2020 Organising Committee invites the submission of abstracts of original work for consideration as a Podium / Poster Presentations.
Presentations will focus on three major themes:
1) Scientific Strength and Conditioning Training for Elite Athlete Performance;
2) Strength Training from a Practical Perspective; and
3) Strength and Resistance Training and Its Role in Health and Fitness
Abstracts submission key dates
Call for Abstracts Open
Wednesday 1 January 2020
Call for Abstracts Close
Sunday 31 May 2020
Tuesday 30 June 2020
Author Registration Deadline
Monday 31 August 2020
Instructions for preparing and formatting your abstract
- Abstracts must be submitted via e-mail.
- Abstract must be submitted in Word document format, following the instructions given below. A template abstract is available to be downloaded for reference.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English. Your abstracts must be print ready.
- Abstract body length should not exceed 300 words (excluding title, authors and institutions).
- Author affiliation(s), city, state, and country should be provided. If more than two authors, indicate each author and his/her affiliation with superscript.
- The person submitting the abstract via e-mail will be designated as the presenting author.
- Use standard abbreviations only. Within the body of the abstract, when using abbreviations spell out the name in full at first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis.
- It is the responsibility of the submitting author to ensure that the submission has been approved by all authors.
- The receipt of your abstract submission will be confirmed by e-mail.
General policies and requirements
- All abstracts must contain original work of the presenting author(s).
- The presenting author must submit the abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted to the Conference Secretariat by the submission deadline on 31 May 2020
- Abstracts will not be accepted via fax, mail or USB/CD.
- Acceptance of abstracts for presentation at the Conference will be on the basis of committee selection.
- All presenting authors will be required to register and pay for the Conference by the author registration deadline of 31 August 2020 to ensure that their abstract(s) are included in the final Programme.
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to ensure that the abstract is submitted correctly.
- The Conference Secretariat will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via e-mail or for submission errors caused by Internet service outages or other unforeseen events.
- The Organising Committee will not be responsible for any errors published.
Each abstract will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Relevance to a Conference.
- Relevance to the professional context of delegates.
- Potential to contribute to the body of knowledge.
Notification of acceptance
Notification of acceptance will be sent via e-mail to the submitting author by 30 June 2020. Acceptance or otherwise is at the discretion of the Organising Committee whose decision is final. All presenting authors must register and pay to attend the Conference.
Procedure of abstracts submission
Download abstract submission form (doc)
Download template abstract (doc)