In support of the Government’s Job Creation Scheme under the Anti-epidemic Fund 2.0, The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) has recently created 38 time limited positions covering a wide range of job functions and levels. This is in response to the difficult labour market situation in the wake of the pandemic, with an aim of providing employment opportunities for those with different skill sets, qualifications and years of experience. Applications are invited for the following position.
ASSISTANT COACH for the following sports:
1. BILLIARD SPORTS (Ref. No.: AEF-AC-BIL)
2. GYMNASTICS (Ref. No.: AEF-AC-GYM)
3. SQUASH (Ref. No.: AEF-AC-SQU)
Reporting to the Coach under the oversight of the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach will be responsible for the following duties:
- To coordinate and implement training programmes for elite athletes of the related sports;
- To utilize and integrate scientific, medical and other athlete support services into the elite training programme to enhance elite training outcomes;
- To assist with the administration and coordination of logistics, accounting, coaching and team resources related to local and overseas training and competitions; and
- To perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Secondary school graduate;
- Holder of a recognized coaching qualification in the related sport;
- 1 to 2 years' coaching experience;
- Elite Athlete background will be an added advantage; and
- Awareness/knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please send the completed application form with indication of your expected salary to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 18 January 2021. Please quote reference no. in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER