Sport Biomechanics Officer
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Asian and Olympic Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Senior Sport Biomechanics Officer, the Sport Biomechanics Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- To assist capture of human body movement and statistical data in sport;
- To provide pre-test preparation and to perform post-test data manipulation;
- To perform development, implementation and maintenance of sports specific measurement systems;
- To provide overseas on-field support to elite sport teams; and
- To provide technical support in various projects.
- Applicants should have completed their secondary education with at least 5 passes in HKCEE or 5 HKDSE subjects with at least Level 2 or equivalent, including English, Chinese and Mathematics;
- A university degree in Sports Science/ Medical Engineering/ Electronic Engineering or a relevant discipline is an advantage;
- A minimum of six months' part-time relevant experience;
- Able to work irregular hours and perform under pressure;
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese; Ability to speak Putonghua is an advantage;
- Knowledge in computer software applications such as statistical package, Matlab, Excel VB, MS Office;
- Knowledge in programming languages such as C and Java is an advantage; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
Please send your resume and a completed application form with indication of your current and expected salary to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: email@example.com on or before 30 July 2018. Application forms can be downloaded from https://www.hksi.org.hk/opportunities/job-openings/. Please quote reference no. HKSI-20180717-SBA in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Personal Data provided by appointees will be used strictly for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER